Arcachon Conference Center (Palais des Congrès d’Arcachon) is perfectly located on the seafront of Arcachon Bay offering an amazing view on the entire bay.
The Arcachon Convention Centre consists of 1300m² of space for holding all types of events: from meetings for 10 people to congresses of up to 700 participants.
Each year, approximately 200 conferences, seminars, regional, national and international events choose to come to Arcachon; the perfect destination for combining utility with pleasure.
The Conference Center offers all the facilities required for any event:
- A large auditorium - 500 persons
- Registration desk
- A wide range of conference and meeting rooms
- The splendid Dinner Room "Salon des Ambassadeurs"
- Several exhibition halls
- And any support you may need during the conference
More pictures of the Arcachon Bay here
Near Bordeaux, at the gateways to the Atlantic and the Landes forest, Arcachon is the ideal venue for all your events or meetings.
Arcachon is not just a seaside resort: it is also a vibrant city combining the good things in life with the energy of a city on a human scale, offering a variety of cultural and festive events throughout the year.
From the Convention Centre everything is within easy reach: the train station, hotels, restaurants, the beach, sports and leisure activities and shops…
How to get the the conference venue
- Bordeaux-Mérignac international airport is 45 minutes from Arcachon
- 20 flights daily to Paris
- 45 regular destinations served
- Billi: a low-cost hub with numerous daily flights
The best fare for your airline ticket
Attractive discounts on a wide range of fares on all Air France and KLM flights worldwide
Event ID Code to keep for the booking: 26339AF
More details here Kit-Air-France
- 2 minutes from Arcachon station
- Two return TGV (high speed) Paris-Arcachon trains daily
- 23 Bordeaux-Arcachon return trains with the TER Aquitaine express
- 50 minutes from Bordeaux, 3h from Toulouse, 4h from Paris
- Less than one hour from Bordeaux
- Two hours from the Spanish border (Bayonne)
- Less than 3 hours from Toulouse
- 6 hours from Paris
Tips to get to the conference venue
You will most probably arrive either at the Airport (Bordeaux-Mérignac) or the train station (Bordeaux):
- from the airport
- Taxi from airport directly to the conference venue at Arcachon (costs around 100-150 EUR depending on the number of people and the size of the taxi - takes around 45 minutes). It is better to book your taxi in advance. For more details, go to Transfert Bordeaux-Mérignac Airport <-> Arcachon.
- Bus shuttle (Bordeaux airport navette shuttle) from the airport to Bordeaux train station (connection every 45 minutes - trip takes around 30 minutes). Costs around 7€: pay cash to the driver or get your ticket online. Then take a train from Bordeaux train station to Arcachon (Costs around 12€ - takes 50 minutes). Timetables are available here from page 3. Buy your train ticket to Arcachon using self service machines at Bordeaux train station or directly at the counter in Bordeaux train station.
- Taxi from the airport to either Bordeaux train station (cost around 50€ - takes around 30 minutes) or Pessac train station (cost around 25€ - takes 15 minutes). Most trains from Bordeaux to Arcachon make a stop in Pessac. Then-->train from Bordeaux (or Pessac) station to Arcachon (Cost around 12€ - takes 50 minutes). Timetables are available here from page 3. Note that it may be more convenient to go by Taxi to Pessac train station when coming from Bordeaux airport (see the map here)
- from Bordeaux train station
- Take the train from Bordeaux train station to Arcachon (Cost around 12€ - takes 50 minutes). Timetables are available here from page 3.
France’s unit of currency is the Euro. Coins have values of 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, and 50 cents, 1 € and 2 €. Notes have a value of 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, and 500 €. Foreign currency can easily be exchanged at banks and exchange counters, for example at the airport. Visa, Master Card, Maestro, and Cirrus are accepted by most shops and restaurants.
Electricity is supplied at 230 volts, 50 hertz, which most small adapters (for laptops and mobile phones) from anywhere in the world are compatible with, although checking for this on the adapter before plugging in is recommended.
All displayed prices include taxes (generally VAT of 22%), and service is always included in restaurants and bars, so tipping is not mandatory in France. However, if you receive excellent service, tipping around 10% or more will certainly be appreciated.
Banks are generally open Monday to Friday 9.00 - 12.00 and 14.00 – 18:00
Weather and Beaches
The climate in Arcachon is typically mild. In May and June temperatures are approximately from 20°C to 25°C.
There are plenty of beaches in the Arcachon bay which are sheltered from the waves...great for children !
If you travel a little bit further south or north from Arcachon, there are several large lakes set amid pine forests.
Just one word of caution about the coastline (south of Arcachon bay): the tide can be fierce in places - great for surfers and skimboarders.
- More on Arcachon http://www.the-french-atlantic-coast.com/arcachon/
- Spots located close by: