We are pleased to invite you to the 6th International Phylloxera Symposium that will be held in Bordeaux , France in the collaboration with the ISHS. Its main aims are to facilitate contact among scientists from different countries around the world and to improve our knowledge of soil-borne pests in viticulture. The organizers particularly welcome the participation of scientists working on the population biology and ecology of phylloxera as well as other soil-borne pests, plant-pathogen interactions, host resistance and rootstock breeding in the context of the improvement of vineyard management programmes.
The following topics will be discussed during the symposium:
• Biology, Ecology, Genomics of grapevine phylloxera
• Nematodes and other soil-borne pests
• Grapevine resistance for phylloxera and nematodes and rootstock breeding
• Other strategies against soil-borne pests : detection, quarantine, alternative control options
• Physiological and genetic determinisms, as well as rootstock breeding for abiotic stress tolerance
The conference (presentations: oral and posters, administration etc) will be held in English.
The symposium will be hosted by the
Institute of Vine and Wine Sciences
(ISVV) located at Villenave d’Ornon (5 km from Bordeaux). This ideal location will give you the opportunity to meet specialists from Bordeaux involved in research, academic teaching and technology transfer related to viticulture and enology.
Bordeaux is now recognised as UNESCO World Heritage city. During this symposium you will have the opportunity to visit Bordeaux city and you will be also invited to discover the diversity of Bordeaux vineyards and wines from its world renowned “Chateaux”